Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

Father's Day went pretty well this year. I got up and had a great breakfast that my wife made me before running off to Bill Stout's place in Pasadena for a little female form appreciation. As usual we had a great model and I tried beginning with vine charcoal and it seemed to open me up faster than penciling alone. I did the last three pieces in pastels.

Then it was back home to La Verne to pick up my son and off we dashed back past Pasadena and on to downtown Los Angeles for an Avengers Arena Football game at the Staples Center. We had clenched a playoff spot on Saturday when Nashville lost and are now positioning ourselves for a playoff home game. The first step in getting there was to beat the Las Vegas Gladiators. Early in the second quarter that looked like it might be difficult as we were down 14-21, but we then exploded with 37 unanswered points. We looked around and the score was 50-21! We ended up winning 60-35 and now we need the Colorado Crush to lose Monday night on ESPN and that home game is ours!

We got home and I called my dad and wished him a happy Father's Day and invited him to next week's Avengers season finale. My wife made dinner, something I selected from a cookbook for diabetics that turned out to be pretty good. After that it was John From Cincinnati on HBO. I'll give the show a few more weeks before deciding if I will stay with it or not.

All in all, not a bad Father's Day.

No comments: