Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!

Looking around at stuff in my office today I came across an old brochure by my ex-comic book partner, Baron Mrkva, whom, it just so happens, we are seeing this coming weekend at a party of high school friends who are all getting too frikkin' old to be high school friends! The cover to his brochure featured this robot that Baron used to air-brush on t-shirts all the time.

This thing was just a monster to paint, with an endless number of small plastic masks. I would watch Baron paint one of these guys and it would take him forever to do just one; each of his t-shirts was an original. Anyway, Baron is one clever guy and this brochure of his was very well done. I believe he said he got more work from it than any other form of advertising he had ever done. It definitely gave you a feeling of who Baron was.

Maybe next time I'll open it up and show you the insides!

No comments: