Monday, July 16, 2007

That Steady Pinging You Hear is Just My Mother

They had to squeeze my mother in today, between other scheduled surgeries. We got there about 9:00 this morning, stopping to pick up my father along the way. They finally took her to a surgical waiting room at 3:09 this afternoon. They came and got me at 5:14. So far it looks like she came through with flying colors! When we left the hospital about 6:30 she was back in her room and eating dinner. She was very tired and forgetful (asking the same questions over and over) but said she felt great. And her heart was pinging along at around 65 beats a minute. She may go home tomorrow and I may go out again to see that she gets home OK.

We also have some concern about their microwave oven. It was one of the first ones on the market, weighs about 200 lbs. and sits on their kitchen counter. We are not convinced the thing is shielded as well as the ones they make today and we sure don't want anything interfering with her shiny new pacemaker. I may go out and buy them a new one tomorrow as well.

No comments: