Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Yosemite - Part I

The first vacation I took my wife on twenty-two years ago was to Yosemite. We spent most of the nights sleeping in a small tent in a campground outside of the valley. It was cold at night. which I thought was kind of romantic as we had to snuggle together at night to keep warm. My wife felt differently; it was too cold for her and she finally said, "We sleep in a cabin tonight or we leave." We slept in a cabin that night in the valley.

It took us almost twenty years to go back, but we did so a few years ago, and though my wife never takes photos, she wanted to try some black and white film and see what she could do. I think she did great and I'm gonna show a few of her pictures here from time to time. Each will come with a personal story about that most wondrous of valleys, a place like no other on Earth.

No comments: