Thursday, May 24, 2007

One With the Earth

Well, sort of. Last night my wife and I are in bed reading, when I feel the earth move. No, not the kind of "feel the earth move" one would hope for when in bed with a member of the opposite sex; the kind where you literally feel the earth move. As it is happening I ask my wife, "Do you feel that?"

"What?" she asks.

"The earthquake," I reply.

"I don't feel anything. You're imagining it."

A few minutes later I feel it again. "How about that? Do you feel that?"

"What?" she again asks.

"This one is slightly stronger," I say.

"You're imagining things again."

Not only was I not imaging it, I was right that the second quake was the real one and the first one was a foreshock as a quick look at one of my favorite sites proved with the 3.9 coming less than four minutes after the 3.8. Damn I'm good!

No comments: