Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Right You Are, Superstar!

When I was in high school I was a big fan of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's Jesus Christ Superstar. I knew all the words, loved the music and would lay in my room listening and singing along with my 8-track of it for hours at a time. When the movie came out I wrote a full-page review for the school paper and even did an illustration of Ted Neely as Jesus.

Some of the Hispanic kids at school treated me strangely around that time. I remember walking into one of the buildings at school one lunch just as two guys were beating the crap out of a third guy. They took one look at me and stopped. They even picked the guy up off the ground and apologized to him. I wonder if this might not of had something to do with the costume I wore to school that Halloween?

No comments: