Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Roger and Me

As Bev Kennedy pointed out this morning on the Tony Isabella Board, Roger Ebert has written a piece for the Chicago Sun Times today on Roger Ebert. In it he discusses just how ill he has been, how bad it has gotten and how he is finally starting to improve. He also talks about how badly he looks, how unable he is to speak, but how well his mind and his typing fingers still work. The piece also contains an almost unrecognizable picture of what Roger currently looks like, which a lot of people seem to be making a big deal of. I'm just glad Roger is still with us no matter how he looks.

This all reminded me of the time I met Roger at a book signing, which I talked about here. He was as much a delight in person as he is on TV and I can't wait to see him back on the tube just as soon as he is able.

No comments: