Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Face-Off

A week ago I said that I was hopelessly hooked on Gene Simmons Family Jewels and suggested that you watch it. If you did, you saw this week's amazing episode, "Face-Off." If you did not, you missed some remarkable TV.

Gene and his un-wife, Shannon Tweed, went under the knife in duel 11-hour+ marathon plastic surgeries. Yeah, you've seen plastic surgery on TV before, but not of two famous people. These kind of things are always a smorgasbord of emotions for me; there is a detached fascination mixed with some "my god that's icky" repulsion, which you kind of expect going in. But what is really just the icing on the cake of this episode, what sets it apart from what you may have seen before, is the aftermath of the surgery. I don't want to say anymore; find a repeat of the episode and TiVo the damn thing. It is really amazing television.

Oh, the picture of Gene post-surgery comes from a site called Outside The Beltway: Gone Hollywood.

No comments: