Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Dreamer of Muscoy and Astral Projection -- Part III

Last time out when we talked about astral projection and Douglas Q. McMasters, the Dreamer of Muscoy, we began to look at what my brother Jack had learned from Doug. Jack described how Doug had taught him to search for the location in his body of the 'I' when he said the word 'I.' Further Jack described how Doug had taught him to push the 'I' from his body, in Jack's case into a bowling pin.

Last time we left with this question in the air, "If you could learn to do this why would you ever stop?"

Jack said that, although Doug said he could go anywhere he wanted, as much as he tried, he could "never manage to go anywhere but into that bowling pin.

Until several years later when I was in the hospital at Fort Benning recovering from that gasoline explosion [Jack had been out on a training mission and lit a camp fire in the rain that was fueled with gasoline. The resultant explosion left Jack badly burned and in the Army hospital for a time]. My eyes were bandaged and I was in bed and it was very quiet because it was long after the orderly had announced 'lights out' on the ward.

I was laying there and all of a sudden I climbed out of my head and floated through the walls into the darkness outside and felt a rushing wind for a long time until I came down in front of a large old house in a hilly part of some town near Los Angeles. [I] floated through a window, and saw an old girlfriend named Flo from [San Bernardino] Valley College laying in bed asleep. Flo came out of her body and embraced me and we seemed to communicate for a while, then I slipped away and was back in the hospital.

This could have been a dream, but Flo had the same dream [the same night], called Mom, got my address, and wrote to me about it. We wrote several letters, but I didn't see her for another year or so, and then she was living in Yucaipa. The place where the 'dream' took place was a dormitory she lived in on Silver Lake Blvd. in North Hollywood. "

The Silver Thread

Jack recalled that he "became aware of the silver thread after several astral projections. The thread was like an umbilical cord that ran from the astral 'me' back to my body. When I say 'me,' I mean whatever it is that I was projecting outside my body. It doesn’t have a body out there, but rather is just a point of being, of consciousness, but whenever I needed a body out there I had one. For example, when I embraced Flo in her dormitory, I did so with arms and legs, although they were more like thoughts of arms and legs than real ones. I also saw her astral self as if she had a body, albeit a very non-physical one. But most of the time I wasn’t aware that I had an astral body, except if I followed the silver thread I could see that it attached to my astral body about where a belly button would be.

The thread didn’t bother me, but the first time I noticed it I found myself immediately back in my body. When I finally asked Doug about the thread, he told me it connected my two selves, so I could get back to my physical body no matter where I might be. I asked him if the thread could be broken and if so, what happened to your astral body. His answer was typical Doug. "

Jack then reconstructed his conversation with Doug regarding the silver thread:

Jack: Can the thread be broken?
Doug: I don’t think the thread can be broken except by you. But no one really knows because if the thread is broke the body can’t tell us what happened.

Jack: Why not?
Doug: Because no one is in it to tell us.

Jack: Where are they?
Doug: Out there, and probably very glad they broke the bonds with this physical world.

Jack: Why would they break it?
Doug: They might decide it is better out there and may not want to go back to a physical existence. Or, they might just be playing with the thread and break it.

Jack: You can break it accidentally?
Doug: It is not easy to leave the physical world behind, so you probably couldn’t just break it accidentally. Of course, the only people who know are out there and can’t say.

Jack: What happens to their body if they break it?
Doug: Eventually, the body would waste away and we would bury it. In India and Nepal and Tibet they would do this with great reverence because it would be the body of a very holy man.

Jack: But what if he wasn’t? What if it was just an accident?
Doug: We would never know, and not knowing has its own reward -– we can believe whatever we want, and it’s better to believe he was a very holy man, don’t you think?

Next time: "What do you mean I might not come back?"

No comments: