Monday, April 02, 2007

Horn O' Plenty

Way back here, I told of my search for and eventual purchase of a new set of pastels. Since that time I have had to twice add to that set in onesy twosy fashion, buying some additional colors. As I said in the original post, the problem with pastels is that they cannot be easily blended like paint to form new colors, so if you need a color and don't have it, you have to buy it.

I also said way back there, that I would put up a few pieces as I finished them. Being a man of my word, the picture above is the first one. To be honest, this one is done with a number of different brands of pastels, not just my new Unisons. It was started before I bought the set and finished when I had enough greens to do so.

The picture is of the centerpiece to last year's Thanksgiving table. My wife did a beautiful job of creating the decoration and I decided to do this piece for her, to show my appreciation. The framed piece now resides in our kitchen, but may find a permanent home somewhere else in the house.

No comments: