Friday, April 20, 2007

EVOL Seltaeb

Most days I listen to my Sirius satellite radio while working. It is either tuned to Howard Stern or my favorite station, Classic Vinyl. But it seems that once a day I have trouble connecting to the Sirius satellite. My radio will pick up and then lose the signal over an over. The satellite might be too low in the horizon at this time, but whatever the cause, I have to stop listening for a while.

When that happens I put a CD into my computer and listen to that. Lately the CD of choice has been the brilliant Beatles LOVE CD. If you don't own this you should. It is a remixed mash-up of different Beatles' songs produced by George Martin and his son for the Cirque Du Soleil show of the same name playing Las Vegas. I really do enjoy every track on this CD, but one of my favorites, at least this week, is Gnik Nus. Gnik Nus is of course Sun King spelled and played backwards. It has this haunting, "other world" quality to it that I actually find rather comforting right now.

Gnik Nus is good stuff!

No comments: