Friday, November 03, 2006

Hopelessly TiVoted

By this afternoon my TiVo was still not seeing The New Time-Warner channel lineup, so I went on to the TiVo website and sent an email to their customer service informing them of the problem. When I sent the email they said I would get a response in five to seven days, but I actually got a response in about ten minutes. I figure they are getting a lot of these lately because they laid out exactly what I had to do to have my TiVo box reset the channel lineup.

I had to answer a few questions about what network I found on specific channels which took a minute or two tops, then TiVo went to work blasting out my old data and downloading the new listings from their server through the wireless network adaptor connected to the TiVo. All in all it took about 25 minutes to resolve completely. The best part is TiVo mapped my old Season Passes to the new channels, so everything is back to the way it was before Time-Warner moved 80% of the channels.

I don't know why the box did not do this automatically, as it has done in the past, but the TiVo customer support was lightning fast and 100% on the mark. I'm still hopelessly TiVoted to that funny little box.

No comments: