Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bleak Outlook -- Tales From The Road

This is another "find" from my cleaning out of my office. I would guess I was 19 when I did this piece. I worked at a Stop-N-Go convenience store (or Stop-N-Rob as we called them) at the time and my boss, Tim Bean had a bunch of old tapes from a band he was in during his college days that he wanted to put together as a album called Tales From The Road.

Tim asked if I could come up with a cover for his "album" and this is what I produced: a slice of life from the Last Chance Trading Post in Bleak Outlook, Arizona. That's Tim leaning against the post. Tim was more than a boss, he became a good friend, though over the years he moved back to Ohio and we have parted ways.

I never really finished this piece and just threw the tones on it in the digital version. There was a lot of zip-a-tone on this at one time, but I took it off for some reason.

No comments: