Friday, November 17, 2006

Boxed Out!

Well, here you have it, the final page of The Box. If you are just getting here then scroll down to the beginning and work your way back up (you can click on all artwork to see a larger, readable version).

I'm not sure what to say about this page. The art is obviously all mine, minimal that it is. I think by this time, I was under the gun deadline-wise and I knew that if I wanted to print the thing in Shop, I would need to stop the story at seven pages (eight when you add the cover).

It looks like I didn't even bother to put tone on most of the first panel and the second panel is almost in a visual short hand (no pun intended). I remember that I drew the third panel a number of times (two or three more and I might have gotten it right). Where the huge thumb came from I have no idea.

Oh, well. There you have it. The Box, in all its radishing glory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still want to know...what's in the box? C'mon, spill it...don't pull a 'Lost' on me here...

-Keller said...

OK, the box contained the souls of the tormented, most of whom spent years watching "Twin Peaks" and "Lost" in hopes of answers that never came.

And I know all of this in 1970. Damn, I was good!