Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Boxer Rebellion

We continue with two more pages from The Box. If you are just joining us (you should go back to the beginning), this is a strip I drew in high school when I was 16 years old for which I have just recently found the artwork.

One thing I have forgotten to mention is that if you click on any of the artwork you will see a much larger version; one you can actually read.

Well, we've made it to page three and I seem to be tiring out. The layout is not nearly as interesting as the previous pages. The second panel should have been a much more interesting shot considering it is all artwork and no dialog/caption. I got a big hand in there, but I'm not sure why or where I stole it from (though I am sure I stole it from someone!).

Panels one, five and six all seem to be Neal Adams swipes, though five might be Rick Buckler.

I still haven't figured out that you should not mix wash and zip-a-tone on the same page.

As you can see, things don't get much better when we hit page four. Sloppy design requiring lots of arrows to make sure you don't get lost. Some more bad Adams swipes and the patented Keller "big shoe" shot. I once again violate the panel borders at will and in a way that makes it even harder to tell which panel you should read next.

I'd like to say I was learning, but I'm not sure that was true.

If all goes well, tomorrow we will have pages five and six. Hmm, maybe I can shoot for five, six and seven and that way, get it all out of my system. We shall see.

No comments: