Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Best Cut!

This year my wife and I tried something a little different for Thanksgiving; we got some help with the turkey rather than just winging it (no pun intended!).

My wife read an article in the LA Times where they made four turkeys using four different methods and then had a panel of experts come in and rate the birds. She made our turkey this year using the winning method and it was the best I have ever eaten (wasn't very hard to do either). Beautiful golden brown on the outside and moist, hell, make that juicy on the inside.

She had me go to the Times on-line and check out the photo instructions on the best way to carve a turkey. I followed the instructions to the letter and have to say, it was a real improvement over the way I have carved in the past. It's not the best for making sandwiches later on, as you don't cut the breast into thin slices. Instead you get these wonderful medallions of turkey breast, each wrapped in a piece of golden brown skin. It looked great on the platter and on the plate and we devoured this bird.

No comments: