Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Rare Breed

As I have mentioned before, my drink of choice is bourbon and I have tasted quite a few. I have been staying in Florida off and on this year working and went to a local liquor store in search of a good bottle of the amber stuff and found Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

My preference is to drink bourbon neat and Rare Breed is smooth enough to stand by itself in the glass. Rare Breed is a blend of 6yr, 8yr and 12 yr old Wild Turkey, and is bottled uncut at barrel proof. I like to sip it slowly over a good deal of time, letting every caramel-maple sip work its way around my mouth and down my throat, where it then spreads out to the rest of my body, bringing a soothing warmth. And in between sips, I like to dig my nose into the glass and savor the aroma.

You have to search for Rare Breed, but the you will be well rewarded for the effort.

No comments: