Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day

I got an email yesterday morning from a friend telling me that it was a beautiful day in California and that made me think of, well, this...



I saw It's a Beautiful Day at the Swing Auditorium in San Bernardino, sometime between 1968 and 1972, they played with Lee Michaels, Three Dog Night and Jo Jo Gunne. It was another one of those $3.00 concerts of my youth of which I wish I had gone to a lot more.

Fifteen or so years later, my wife's brother would need some help from some friends bringing a chair over to our condo. This guy comes carrying this chair up the stairs of my condo and I grab an end to help. We get it down in the living room and he sticks out his hand and says, "Hi, I'm David LaFlamme and this is my wife Linda." I say, "It's a Beautiful Day?" and of course he says, "Yeah."

It ends up that my wife's brother has been friends with David and Linda LaFlamme for years. It was kinda cool cause I got to thank them for the wonderful music they provided over the years.

No comments: