Saturday, April 05, 2008

Damn Right He's Got The Blues!

If Buddy Guy has a signature song, this is it; damn can this man play guitar!

When I last saw Buddy it was in a small club in Hollywood and at one point Buddy connects to a wireless amp and jumps off the stage and for the next twenty minutes he walked around slowly from person to person and played in front of each of us, like a foot in front of your face. Holy crap was that an amazing experience, to see a legend performing his craft up close.

So I'm talking to my friend at work and I say, "Hey, Buddy is on tour almost constantly, you should see him the next time he is in town." So I go look up Buddy's schedule on-line and what do you know, he is the headliner on the final say of the Palm Beach Jazz Festival next weekend and I'm going to be in Boca Raton, just ten miles away. My uncle in Naples wants to see me during one of my stays in Florida, but if I can push that back to next month, I'll be plucking down my $45 to see Buddy once again next weekend. I mean, he is a legend folks!



I bought a CD burned in 1996, long before they were readily available, and could make music CDs long before anyone else I knew. The first one I did for family members was entitled "Damn Right Keller's Got the Blues" and was very heavy on the Buddy Guy tracks. Once you hear Buddy, you just have to spread the word.

No comments: