Monday, March 19, 2007

To Sing Like a Canary

So another prisoner at Guantanamo confessed to being the mastermind of an attack against America. Whoop de fucking doo. This is the second confession we have heard about in as many weeks. Is there any real doubt in any one's mind that these "confessions" are being paraded out now only to try and get your mind off of Scooter Libby, Walter Reed Medical Center and Alberto Gonzales? Anybody that stupid?

What is a whole hell of a lot less clear is that these people who confessed actually did what they confessed to doing. Hell, you dunk my head underwater enough times and I will sing like a canary too; just tell me what I did and I'll agree with you.

I guess these faux confessions give Rush and Bill something to talk about so their listeners don't have to think about Scooter Libby, Walter Reed and Alberto Gonzales, and allows them to pretend that none of that is being done by the thugs they put into power.

No comments: