Tuesday, December 12, 2006

William Stout

Mark Evanier is reporting that Bill Stout has just come through a nasty brush with cancer and that Bill reports on his weblog that they got it all. I didn't even know Bill was ill.

Bill hosts a life drawing lab at his studio every Sunday morning and I have been going to it for about a year and a half. In the past few months I have not been able to go as my son needed to be taken to work in the middle of the lab which also corresponds with my wife's church services. The last two times I did go, sometime in August, Bill was not even there, supposedly working on finishing up his set of spectacular murals for the San Diego Museum of Natural History.

Bill is a wonderful guy and an amazing artist, and I wish him the best. I just talked to my wife and she said, "What, you still wanted to go to Stout's? I can take an earlier service and then take Brian to work if you like."

I guess I just had to ask, huh?

No comments: