Friday, February 20, 2009

We watched Frozen River tonight. What a great little film. So very surprising to say the least. I love watching a movie that I have no idea where it is going and this one is just full of surprises. Also, it is so very hard to pull off a film of all original characters, but Frozen River pretty much does just that. You have not seen these characters before in any other movie.

This makes the fourth Actress nominee we have seen (only Anne Hathaway is left) and the third Original Screenplay. When I see a few more films I will give my pick in those categories. Melissa Leo is wonderful though in this tiny film about what mothers will do for their family. I guarantee you have never seen a movie with this ending and, I'm not going to spoil it, but this is one of the few nominated films this year that, for me at least, had a happy ending.

Our yearly Oscar quest continues...

No comments: