Saturday, July 05, 2008

How I Spent My Fourth

I spent a lot of the day working on the code for PopThought.com. The site, which I wrote all the code for, has been under attack by a bunch of fuckers from China for about two weeks now. Every time I think I have patched up any holes they can exploit, they find another one. These Chinese bastards have wasted about 40 hours of my free time in the past couple of weeks and I will fucking kill them with my bare hands if I ever get in the same room with them.

Later in the day my wife and I drove around town looking at all the 4th festivities and then headed over to next door Claremont where we caught the tail end of their city parade. We then got in our exercise by walking along with the parade and down into the downtown area.

Once home we attempted to make some hurricanes, but without any grenadine this is impossible, so we settled on some Italian soda and rum, which was pretty good. We snacked on coconut shrimp and celery sticks and then settled down to watch this week's Swingtown on TiVo.

By that time it was 9:00 and the fireworks were beginning. We live in the foothills overlooking the San Gabriel and Pomona Valleys and from the end of the point where we live you can see nine different city's fireworks display, including our owns which are being fired just about a mile and a half away.

When the sky lights were over we went back home, my wife to bed to read and me to watch a film that I am so glad they show now almost every 4th of July. Given the state of our nation it should be mandatory for every American to watch this film, for as Edmund Burke said, "Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.”

No comments: