Monday, January 01, 2007

Darth Strikes Again!

I saw a strange thing happen the other night while doing aerobics at my fitness club. All the machines have TVs on them and most people were watching the Ford Funeral - Part I on any number of channels (most were covering it live). Well that little lying sack, Dennis Hastert, started to speak and before I lost my lunch I turned to ESPN and some bowl game I never heard of before (which ended up being pretty exciting).

I'm in the last row of machines, so I can see most of the TVs in the room. Some are blocked by people on other machines, but most are in clear view and I'm looking up from the game every now and then to see what others are doing. So once when I look up, Hastert has completed his blathering (I'm sure he was fibbing about something) and Darth Cheney gets up to speak....and an amazing thing happens. Every TV except one changes the channel. I'm not making this up; the guy is that hated. Nobody can stomach him.

Makes me feel good about the people I get sweaty with.

No comments: