Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The One and Only

A few weeks ago I wrote about the problems I was having with my Sony Cyber-shot DCS-P92 and how I had discovered that there are a large number of Sony products out there with defective CCD components. On the 21st of August I shipped the camera to Sony using a pre-paid UPS label from Sony that I printed at home. OK, it wasn't exactly free; I did have to pay $5.00 to Staples for a box and wrapping it securely, but that was it.

On August 29th I received email from the Sony Repair Center in Texas that they had received my camera and today UPS delivered my repaired camera to me. It took someone suing Sony to get them to repair this stuff for free, so they may not have willingly done the right thing, but they did do the right thing none-the-less.

If you have a Sony product that is causing you problems, visit the www.sony.com and look for "repairs." I think it may just be worth your while.

No comments: