Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Heart of the Matter

This evening my wife and I saw Heart perform for the first time. It's been 30 years since Dreamboat Annie was released, but the Wilson sisters are still in fine musical form. Anne's voice is just as big and impressive as ever, and oh, can Nancy play guitar.

It was an interesting set they played; mostly Heart Top Ten hits, but they strayed from that from time to time. Near the end of the set they played an amazing version of The Who's Love Reign O'er Me. They followed it with two Led Zeppelin tunes, as only the Wilson sisters could do them. It seems for 30 years now they have been trying to be the next Led Zeppelin, even in their other persona, the Lovemongers.

I remember the first time I heard the Lovemongers' version of of Zeppelin's Battle of Evermore. I was truely impressed. If you've never heard it, have a listen. You have to listen to a very short commercial first, but after that I think you will like.


No comments: