Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lee Michaels

I was cleaning out the closet in my home office this weekend and came upon a copy of Sunrise Magazine, a freebie published in San Bernardino when I was a teenager. The whole issue is about the coming concert at the Swing Auditorium featuring Lee Michaels, Chuck Berry, Long John Baldry and Jo Jo Gunne. I remember this one well; it was the second time I saw Michaels and as always, he was terrific. Too bad most people have never heard of him; in the 70's he was a headliner.

1 comment:

roothogg said...

I for one not only remember Lee Michaels but was also at that show. What a great show it was. I lived in Upland at the time and went with some friends. I managed to get backstage for Lee and Chuck, wow. I did love the Swing. Led Zeppelin/Jethro Tull, Band of Gypsies, Deep purple, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John/Leon Russell
etc...