Thursday, October 04, 2007

Self Portrait


One of the reasons I have been unable to post much lately is that I am taking a basic drawing class in college right now. I don't think I need it, but it is the only way to get into the good art classes, so take it I have. Actually, the instructor is very good, making what would be really boring, pretty interesting. Our latest homework is to do a self portrait in conte and mixed media. Mine is 2% conte and 98% pastels and pastel pencils.

I did my painting on butcher paper, using a mirror I moved into the bedroom to the right I get my visual. This would be so much easier if I could just take a picture and go from that, but part of the assignment is no photo reference.

Oh, did I forget to mention that the portrait had to be life-sized?

No comments: