Monday, February 19, 2007

One Sirius Merger

While I've been away for a few days in Mammoth pretending my body will still let me ski, Sirius Satellite Radio and XM Satellite Radio have announced a merger. As a Sirius subscriber I have been hoping for this for a while, if only so that a Sirius radio will come standard in any brand of car I happen to buy in the future.

I've heard XM and it sounds a whole lot like terrestrial radio, bad pop songs and lot of ads. None of the music stations on Sirius have advertisements and I like it that way. I only hope the crappy XM product does not infiltrate my nice clean, ad-free Sirius dial.

OK, there is one big exception to that; XM carries Air America and Sirius has not for a year and a half or so. So give me Air America, but keep the crappy ad-riddled music away!

No comments: