Saturday, February 11, 2006

My Favorite Cherry!

I remember it like it was yesterday, the day the October 1974 issue of The National Lampoon hit the newsstands. I was already a big fan of the magazine (which most people only remember as having something to do with Chevy Chase movies) by this time and bought every issue no matter what the topic. But I took one look at their Pubescence issue and grabbed it off the newsstand before anyone else could. Oh, was I in love with this camel-toed cutie showing us her cherry and begging for someone to take it.

I remember years later reading that this was the best-selling issue of the magazine ever. I don't doubt it. I have no idea who the model was or who the photographer was, but they captured a pose that many have lusted over ever since.

No comments: